gnustep-webmasters

Site design

From: Scott Stevenson
Subject: Site design
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:09:13 -0700

It's fine with me, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else cares.

    - Scott

Begin forwarded message:

I really like the new layout of GNUstep.org... I'm still fairly clumsy with stylesheets myself, but I'm learning. I've made use of the general layout for a site I constructed, http://www.tinyelf.com ; it's new and has not been promoted yet, as the software it supports is still in a prerelease form. While I'm not using text, graphics, or colors from GNUstep.org and the pages are XHTML 1.0, the style sheets remain very close to those used for GNUstep.org, and the similarity in layout is obvious.

I'd like to ask if I might have your permission to use the tinyelf.com site as it's currently designed. If not, I'll change it before it gets seen by a wide audience. Alternatively I'd be happy to credit you and/or GNUstep.org for the site's inspiration, if you feel that would be appropriate.

In any case, the last thing I want to do is plagiarize someone else's work, even in part.

Please let me know your thoughts, and I'll modify the site accordingly.

Thanks,
Dave Ruske
address@hidden

--