gnustep-webmasters

Re: Missing wiki link

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Missing wiki link
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:13:11 +0100

Stefan Urbanek <address@hidden> wrote:
> It should be there.

It was removed from the sidebar on 22 August, to simplify the
navigation.  It was not mentioned in Thom Cherryhomes's 15 August
detailed draft navigation on discuss-gnustep and I seemed to be
the only person keeping it there last time on webmasters.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-webmasters/2004-03/msg00084.html
I concluded I'm wrong and wiki shouldn't get a sidebar link.

The average number of pages downloaded per visit dropped from
3.4 in the week before the navigation change to just under 3
in the week afterwards. I suspect people are finding what they
want sooner, but more examination would be welcome.

> > The wiki appears to be linked correctly from the pages titled
> > GNUstep Applications, User Guides and Developer Documentation.
>
> Too obscure for such project development and knowledge management
> tool as Wiki is.

Is being linked on three main pages, two of which have sidebar
links, really "too obscure"?

Many GNUsteppers never use the wiki and the current one can't be
edited by some browsers, as far as I can tell. Do enough people
think it needs a sidebar link?

If so, how should it be worded and where in the list should it go?

Thanks for the feedback,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/