gnustep-webmasters

Re: General main site discussion

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: General main site discussion
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:13:56 -0600

I made some of these changes. Others I hope to work on (maybe in a different way), but that will be later. Thanks for the suggestions.

On 2005-09-18 19:21:33 -0600 Christopher Armstrong <address@hidden> wrote:

Okay, considering the discussion about the GNUstep web page, and a consensus for a need for constructive discussion concerning www.gnustep.org, I thought I'd post a few thoughts/ideas about the main site that may make life a little easier for users. I hope I don't step on too many toes with this one.

* http://www.gnustep.org/developers/suite.html This page has some nice descriptions of the tools. Would it possible to link to the download page for the "Core" libraries", and possibly a new page (or existing one if one suits the purpose) for how to obtain/use gcc/gdb, with instructions for setting these up under Linux/Solaris/Unix/MacOSX/Windows(Mingw/Cygwin)/whatever? I think a page exists for the latter.

* http://www.gnustep.org/experience/apps.html - CodeEditor.app link seems to be broken (check, I might be wrong). - Add links for Gorm and ProjectCenter (I don't think we can be without enough links for these applications :-) )

* http://www.gnustep.org/developers/
- Add a direct link to the wiki, either straight to the developers section: (http://mediawiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Main_Page#Developers) or just the main page.

* Maybe a "Documentation" link on the side for those looking for a quick way to get to references or manuals. (then just link in to the other relevant sections, perhaps "User" and "Developer").

I hope this isn't too much. I guess these ideas can now be discussed on their merit.

Cheers

---
Christopher Armstrong
Christopher dOT K dOt Armstrong AT__ student doT uts DoT edu doT au