Re: errno

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: errno
Date: Mon Jun 18 15:30:01 2001

 || On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:07:47 +0300
 || Nikos Mavroyanopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:

 nm>    1. Document it and request to install SIG_IGN for the SIGPIPE signal
before calling
 nm>       gnutls_handshake/gnutls_rehandshake.
 nm>       (that way we detect the error and behave as expected)

That is easy and maybe you should do it for now.

 nm>    2. Check for pending alerts between reading two messages.

Argh....

  nm>       [this will not work if the peer closes the connection
  nm>       without an alert]

... this will happen.

 nm>    3. Install the signal handler while doing handshake(), and restore
 nm>       it when leaving (I don't really like it)

IMHO, this is the best way and the reason why POSIX has a sound
specificaton of signals.  Well, the OS just needs to be POSIX
compliant ;-)  MT apps are still a problem but this is the case anyway
with MT.

You might want to provide a flag to disable signal catching so that
the default operation mode works inmost cases.