bug report / asn1 parse error

From: Neil Spring
Subject: bug report / asn1 parse error
Date: Sun Oct 7 02:18:01 2001

Hi;

I sent the messages below to address@hidden as
recommended on the gnutls web page, but had them rejected
from being forwarded to address@hidden because it
is automatically bcc'd (or some such lackluster sendmail
magic).

In order for a gnutls-linked program to interoperate with a
server using an openssl generated certificate (eg.  those
ssl daemons currently in Debian) the asn1 parser has to be
modified to use a larger buffer when processing extensions.

More robust solutions than simply increasing the size of
the stack-allocated buffer would be to ignore extensions
that are too long, or allocate space to store them
dynamically.

I'd appreciate it if such a change can be made before
the next release.

thanks,
-neil