Re: [gnutls-dev] netscape enterprise server 3.6

From: Nikos Mavroyanopoulos
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] netscape enterprise server 3.6
Date: Fri Feb 15 04:05:01 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:20:42PM +0000, Andrew McDonald wrote:

> > [0]. 0.3.5 had some bugs with ssl 3.0, which are fixed in the cvs.
> Might this have been a reason that some people seem to get an
> UNEXPECTED_PACKET_LENGTH in the handshake?
> See Debian bug #133403 <http://bugs.debian.org/133403>
I don't know, there is not much information included.
However, I noticed that starttls is not used when the
server does not advertize it. This is not good. If starttls is
enabled it should connect using TLS and fail (or ask the user
to continue), otherwise. If this is the current behaviour
then ignore this.

> There is also a report of problems against 'some proprietary program':
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200202/msg00933.html>
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200202/msg01004.html>
> He doesn't seem to have filed a bug in the Debian BTS, but I'll see if
> can find some more details.
The problem with these proprietary implementations is that we cannot
easily check against.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos
mailto:address@hidden