[gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls vs. openldap problems

From: Matthias Urlichs
Subject: [gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls vs. openldap problems
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:52:20 +0200

Hi,

Simon Josefsson:
> > Please consider reverting this and moving this code from libextra/ to lib/.
>
> Hi.  Sounds reasonable, except if there is a problem with those APIs.
> They look rather useful to me though.

The code has been used by openldap2 (and presumably others) for some
time now.

I didn't notice that 1.0 had two copies of the code (the one in lib was
marked deprecated for some reason), otherwise I would have asked sooner.
Sometimes, having a nice intelligent linker that thinks symbol name
conflicts are no big deal really hurts. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  address@hidden
 - -