[gnutls-dev] Re: Question about DTLS

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [gnutls-dev] Re: Question about DTLS
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:57:15 +0200

"authesserre samuel" <address@hidden> writes:

> I know DTLS protocol but nothing about gnutls implementation (I
> started to read documentation).... I said that without any
> reflexion...
> DTLS rfc is long of 25 pages because it's a TLS diff and was made in
> the idea of TLS code reuse so it's problably the best choice
> (integrated in gnutls).
>
> that's why I have said that the first thing I will look it's the TCP
> implementation (because I think that's the principal problem
> integration)

Sounds like a good idea.  The code may need to be re-factored to be
useful for DTLS, and that will require good knowledge of GnuTLS
internals.  But it should be possible for someone to learn about it.

You may want to read the manual on the internal architecture:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Internal-architecture-of-GnuTLS.html

Good luck,
Simon