[gnutls-dev] Re: libgwenhywfar and gnucash

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [gnutls-dev] Re: libgwenhywfar and gnucash
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:33:37 +0200

Thomas Bushnell BSG <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Right.  And given how some parts of the OpenSSL API tend to change
>> over time, I think it will be difficult to implement compatibility
>> layers for all of it.
>>
>>> The real question is not so much whether we have a compat layer, as
>>> much as we want gwenhywfar to be usable in GPL'd programs. ;)
>>
>> Yup.  And using the GnuTLS API directly will achieve that. ;-)
>
> Will you help the gwenhywfar author in this task?

Sure!  (time permitting [1])

Start by reading the GnuTLS manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/index.html

and especially the examples in chapter 7.  The reference API manual
may be useful too:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/reference/gnutls-gnutls.html

Let us know (preferably on the list) if you have any problems or need
some extended API.

/Simon

[1] Contracting me through my company will get you full attention, of
course.