Re: [gnutls-dev] Problem with gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2()

From: Victor Stinner
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] Problem with gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2()
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:36:56 +0200

I'm still not sure that it's a bug but looks to be a problem in the
documentation.
-----
   int gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2(
       gnutls_session_t session, unsigned int * status);

ARGUMENTS
   gnutls_session_t session is a gnutls session
   unsigned int * status is the output of the verification

DESCRIPTION
   This function will try to verify the peer's certificate and return its
   status (trusted, invalid etc.). (...)
   Returns a negative error code on error and zero on success.
-----

What is "a success" in this case? In my mind, success means that the
certificate is valid but it looks like I'm wrong.

Victor
--
Victor Stinner
http://www.inl.fr/