Re: [gnutls-dev] Guile problems in 1.7.12

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] Guile problems in 1.7.12
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:32:41 +0200

> Hi,

>> Yes.  The issue is that `libguile-gnutls{,-extra}-v-0.so' is linked
>> against the system-wide `libgnutls{,-extra}.so' instead of the recently
>> built one.  And it turns out that the system-wide version that you have
>> is a buggy one.  ;-)  I guess the tests don't even run when GnuTLS is
>> not already installed.
>
> The solution consists in passing `libgnutls.la' and `libgnutls-extra.la'
> first in the `LDFLAGS' of `libguile-gnutls' and `libguile-gnutls-extra'
> so that the RPATH is in the right order (it took me a while to figure it
> out).

Yeah, I think there is something weird going on with libtool that
requires the ordering to be right.

> The fix is in my repository.

Did you forget to push it to the public server?  I can't find anything
new to fetch.

> I'd rather send patches by email for such cases but it seems that the
> only way to send the actual patch, the log, and the commit ancestry
> information is with `git-format-patch' which creates a new message.  Or
> is there another solution?

You can use `git-format-patch --stdout' to avoid creating a file.
Including what is generated by g-f-p in another e-mail should work, no?

Although I don't know how to apply such a patch, and using 'git-fetch'
is pretty easy for me.  But maybe I can learn something new.

/Simon