Re: [gnutls-dev] Problems with gtk-doc

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] Problems with gtk-doc
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:50:45 +0200

> Hi,
>
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>>> For some reason, `make' now fails here in `doc/reference':
>>>
>>>   $ make -C doc/reference/
>>>   make: Entering directory `/home/ludo/src/gnutls/doc/reference'
>>>   gtk-doc: Scanning header files
>>>   [...]
>>>   gtk-doc: Compiling scanner
>>>   gnutls-scan.c:5:25: error: glib-object.h: No such file or directory
>>>   [...]
>>>
>>> Clearly, it lacks `pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags` as CFLAGS.
>>> Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pinpoint the root of the problem.
>>> Re-running `autoreconf' and `configure' didn't help.  Any hint?
>>
>> Remove 'gnutls.types' in that directory.  The file is sometimes
>> generated by the gtk-doc-tools (but not always!) and if it is present,
>> gtk-doc will use different tools.
>
> It worked!
>
> It may indeed qualify as a `gtk-doc-tools' bug.  ;-)
>
>> I believe I have fixed this in git master now.  At least 'make
>> distcheck' passes, which it didn't do before.
>
> I can't see any change related to that in the repo at `repo.or.cz'.  Did
> you forget to push it?

Yes, I did.  Please try it now.  I think I want a post-commit hook that
pushes everything to the public repository...  I don't see why I ever
would want to commit anything and not push it to the public server
directly.  The only reason would be if I'm offline, but then the push
would simply fail.  I wonder of I'm missing some git understanding.

> Now, I'm still unable to run `distcheck' because PDF generation fails [0].
> I believe the issue is that several runs are needed to get it right but
> make stops after the first one (which fails).  But then, how can it work
> on your computer and not on mine?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ludovic.
>
> [0] http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-dev/2007-May/001678.html

The underful/overful \hbox warnings are harmless.  Can you post the
entire log?  I suspect you need to install the 'tetex-extra' package.

/Simon