Re: basics for cryptodev support

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: basics for cryptodev support
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:11:12 +0200

Simon Josefsson wrote:
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

I'm working slowly into adding some support for hw crypto
devices. Currently the easiest way to achieve this is by using the
kernel crypto hw support (in linux there is already support for via
and geode aes implementations and there is also ocf-linux[0] which
provides more hw).

Cool!

For this reason I added an API to register ciphers and macs

Will this API be stable?  I'd like to push out a stable 2.4.0 in a few
weeks.  If there is any risk that this API will change during 2.5.x, I
think we should revert this change and add it for the next development
cycle instead.

No I wouldn't consider them stable since I need to test them first with some other crypto provider (say cryptodev). I also haven't finished it (rnd and pki remain to be done).

(rnd + pki will follow on my next burst).

When I migrated the code to use gnulib for low-level crypto, I gave up
on mpi stuff, since it was rather libgcrypt-specific right now.
Finishing this would be really great.

I've also gave up several times after starting this. I'll try to work on it the next 2-3 weeks.

regards,
Nikos