request for help: openpgp under windows doesn't work

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: request for help: openpgp under windows doesn't work
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:58:35 +0200

Windows builds of GnuTLS seem to have some problems in the opencdk
library, which causes parsing of packets to fail.  This can be seen with
the 'pgps2kgnu' self-test, which unfortunately results the same error as
if the problem it is supposed to test for exists (I've made sure the s2k
patch is still working).  The problem appears to be in the low-level
stream reading code in opencdk.

It could be that pgp has never worked under Windows, since the pgp self
tests have been disabled because of missing fork().  I'm inclined to
disable openpgp authentication under windows for the 2.6.x build, and
note in the release notes that it doesn't work currently.

Help in debugging the problem would be appreciated, it is easy to get a
windows build and debug it under debian, see
<http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/>.  I tried to do this, but I'm not
familiar with opencdk and didn't understand exactly how the code was
supposed to work anyway.

/Simon