Re: some crashes on using DSA keys

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: some crashes on using DSA keys
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:52:16 +0200

Miroslav Kratochvil <address@hidden> writes:

>> Please see if you can make an unmodified 2.6.5 server crash.
>
> OK, after some amount of effort the server stays impenetrable, so this
> doesn't seem as any source of attacks. (I also tried modified client
> that pushes the bad DSA keys.)
>
> Still, it would be nice if anyone could confirm this with (possibly)
> some more research, as I'm not very skilled at it.

There are certainly double-free's going on in pk-libgcrypt.c, and it
would be useful to see which can be exploited.  I'm looking at the code
now.

The minimal way to reproduce it is with:

gnutls-serv --x509dsakeyfile ssl.key --x509dsacertfile ssl.crt
gnutls-cli localhost -p 5556

Using the ssl.key/ssl.crt file from your earlier e-mail.

/Simon