Re: Bug in gnutls breaking Pidgin Jabber support

From: Tim Kosse
Subject: Re: Bug in gnutls breaking Pidgin Jabber support
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:12:32 +0200

Hi,

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
> I can now access it.  I happened to have an account in the pidgin's BTS,
> so I replied there instead of here.

replying here since I have no account in Pidgin' trac.

FileZilla seems to suffer from this problem as well if linked against
GnuTLS 2.8.1, it's now too getting the "Bad record MAC" alert.
It happens on almost all file uploads, especially if enabling a speed
limit in FileZilla's settings.

> The reason why you see this and nobody else may be that pidgin's pull
> function seems to return EAGAIN quite often. That's OK but rather untypical.

FileZilla's pull/push too return EAGAIN quite often, especially with
speed limits enabled.

I'll try building a version of GnuTLS with
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnutls.git/commit/?id=745436e29f339da41249db1b715e28081373b190
reverted.

Regards,
Tim Kosse