RE: Help required for CSR validation

From: Wilankar, Trupti
Subject: RE: Help required for CSR validation
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:49:48 +0000

Hello Simon,

We have tried various combinations of DNs. But, we end up with the same error.
We have ported GnuTLS 2.6.5 on our environment (HP NonStop Kernel). We have
also downloaded Windows versions 2.8.5 and 2.9.9.
CSRs generated by using certtool provided by the above 3 versions fail to get a
valid certificate.
We face the same problem when using GnuTLS APIs to generate a CSR.

However, CSR generated by OpenSSL with the same DN fields and keys give us a
valid trial certificate.

We are kind of stuck and do not know how to proceed further. Any guidelines to
generate a valid CSR (acceptable by CAs) would be of great help.

Thanks,
Trupti