Re: gnutls 2.8.6 release candidate

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: gnutls 2.8.6 release candidate
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:59:44 +0100

Hi Simon,

Am 20.01.2010 um 16:35 schrieb Simon Josefsson:
Dagobert Michelsen <address@hidden> writes:

This issue about gpg-error and lnsl we talked about has not been
resolved
in this release, but in 2.9.9:

Oops!

-  AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS(gcrypt,, [#include <gcrypt.h>],
+  AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS([gcrypt], [gpg-error], [#include

I've back-ported this to 2.8.x now. The daily autobuilder should catch
it, so you can verify that it has been fixed in a few hours.

Yes, this solves the problem with the missing libgpg-error. Now
only
the -lsocket -lnsl issue needs to be resolved :-)

Great.  The -lnsl issue could be fixed by using more recent gnulib
here.

I'll see if we can just backport that particular gnulib module involved
here rather than updating all of gnulib.

I just compiled the latest snapshot from today, the gpgerror issue is fixed,
however, the -lsocket -lnsl is still missing there:

inet_ntop ex-serv1.o (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ex-serv1

Best regards

  -- Dago