Re: gnutls_handshake trouble with Chrome

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: gnutls_handshake trouble with Chrome
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:30:45 +0200

On 09/09/2011 11:24 AM, Thibaut Le Guilly wrote:
Hello,

I did a Wireshark analyze to compare the behaviour of Chrome vs. Firefox and
cUrl, and Chrome is doing some weird things, like re-sending a "client
hello" after the "server hello done", instead of sending the client key. I
attached the wireshark files, may be it can help you determine if the
problem is Chrome and not GNUtls?

Which version of chrome and gnutls do you use? I've tested gnutls-serv (in gnutls 3.0.2) with chromium 13.0 and it seems they are able to communicate. I notice though that chromium makes multiple connections to the server and some of them fail. This looks like some kind of probing of the server to discover its capabilities, but a chromium developer might be more helpful. Do you actually have issues with chromium displaying the correct content?

regards,
Nikos