Re: gnutls-3.0.3 testdsa problems, patch

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: gnutls-3.0.3 testdsa problems, patch
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:17:09 +0200

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Somchai Smythe
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> Since gnutls-3.0.X is the supported 'stable', I am trying to build it
> and use it.  But I'm having many problems getting the test-suite to
> run.
> After a long night of frustration I realized the problem is that the
> test server software unconditionally expects me to be using IPV6.  I
> don't have any IPV6 kernel modules loaded and no IPV6 interface
> configured, but the test sever still tries to listen on ipv6 anyway
> for '::' (I'm on linux 3.0.4 kernel).  This probably incorrect tiny
> patch (against gnutls-3.0.3 release) fixed that problem for me:

It seems your system reports IPv6 capability but fails when asked. I
think I'll incorporate your patch (which looks fine).

> But all it did was let me go to the next crash :-(
> Now I still get stuck with this:
[...]
> *** Fatal error: The given DSA key is incompatible with the selected
> TLS protocol.
> *** Handshake has failed
> GnuTLS error: The given DSA key is incompatible with the selected TLS
> protocol.
> Failure: Failed connection to a server with a client DSA 2048 key and TLS 1.2!

That's pretty strange because the code isn't system specific and I
cannot reproduce it. What is the system you're using?

regards,
Nikos