Re: Problem compiling gnutls 2.12.12 on Solaris 9 Sparc

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: Problem compiling gnutls 2.12.12 on Solaris 9 Sparc
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:25:46 +0200

Hi Nikos,

Am 26.10.2011 um 17:53 schrieb Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos:
> On 10/26/2011 04:36 AM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I have a problem compiling gnutls 2.12.12 on Solaris 9 Sparc with Sun Studio
>> 12:
>> - The definition of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS probably in config.h is too late.
>>  I have seen and reported this earlier for Wireshark as described in this
>> thread:
> [...]
>>>        current : function(unsigned long, unsigned long, long) returning
>>> unsigned long
>>>        previous: function(unsigned long, unsigned long, long long)
>>> returning unsigned long : "/opt/csw/include/zlib.h", line 1571
>>> cc: acomp failed for dummy.c
>>> gmake[4]: *** [dummy.lo] Error 1
> This looks like a zlib error in your platform. Try running configure
> with the "--without-zlib"  option.

Using --without-zlib the error vanishes, however, I still believe that at some
zlib.h is included twice: once before the definition of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS and

>> - There are duplicate definitions from gnulib in libnettle 2.4, the issue is
>> probably
>>  related to the previous one:
>>> Making all in nettle
>>> gmake[4]: Entering directory
>>> `/home/dam/mgar/pkg/gnutls/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/gnutls-2.12.12/lib/nettle'
>>>  CC     pk.lo
>>> "/opt/csw/include/nettle/nettle-stdint.h", line 237: identifier redeclared:
>>> gl_int_fast8_t
>>>        current : signed char
>>>        previous: long : "./../gl/stdint.h", line 241
>>> "/opt/csw/include/nettle/nettle-stdint.h", line 238: warning: modification
>>> of typedef with "int" ignored
>>> "/opt/csw/include/nettle/nettle-stdint.h", line 238: identifier redeclared:
>>> gl_int_fast16_t
> This might be a nettle bug. Could you reply to Niels (nettle's author),
> on his questions on the mail at:

I couldn't post using the web interface so I mailed him privately offering
to the OpenCSW buildfarm:

Simon already has an account there, if you want one too I can easily set this

Best regards

  -- Dago

"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,