Re: What versions of gnutls reset the MAC on gnutls_hmac_output?

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: What versions of gnutls reset the MAC on gnutls_hmac_output?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:28:33 -0400

On 8/12/13 1:12 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
  That is a side-effect of the libgcrypt to nettle change. When GnuTLS
is used with nettle the reset is implicit and occurs always even with
2.12.5 (which I suppose you use with libgcrypt).

Thanks so much for the clarification.

Is there a way to detect at runtime if we are using a GnuTLS linked with libgcrypt? If it is linked with libgcrypt, is there any way to reset the MAC other than calling gnutls_hmac_deinit and gnutls_hmac_init again?