Re: Incompatibility between Emacs/gnutls and Emacs/cygwin-mount

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Incompatibility between Emacs/gnutls and Emacs/cygwin-mount
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 10:50:06 -0400

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 00:22:58 -0400 "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <address@hidden>
wrote:

JJK> So, basically, we have the following Catch-22. If cygwin-mount is not
JJK> loaded/activated, then the cert location for Cygwin is never found. If
JJK> cygwin-mount is activated then it causes a crash. The result being
JJK> that in Windows, no certs are ever loaded when using the default
JJK> definition of gnutls-trustfiles

JJK> Presumably the problem is that the C-code doesn't know how to deal
JJK> with a Cygwin (*nix) style path that has been properly recognized and
JJK> validated by the Lisp code (via cygwin-mount).

It seems like a pretty complex interaction and I'm not sure Emacs or
GnuTLS *should* be aware that cygwin-mount is doing things.

>From the Emacs side we could put the Windows-style path before the
cygwin-style path in the list of trustfiles, but that seems like hiding
the underlying problem.

As Eli said, a full backtrace would be the best way to find the problem,
so we're not guessing.

Ted