goptical

Re: [Goptical] focal spot size

From: Richard Graham
Subject: Re: [Goptical] focal spot size
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 19:54:22 -0700

Hi,

I see no one has replied to this for some time.

Goptical just does ray tracing and what you are seeing seems to be the
expected result to me. If your source is a point source that is what
will be modelled, there is no reason to expect a gaussian beam. I don't
believe there is a way to define a gaussian beam in goptical. What is
the physical system you are trying to model?

If what you want to get is the 1/e radius of your spot then you should
be able to just calculate this from the encircled intensity plot.

--
 Richard