gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Very basic PPS question:

From: tz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Very basic PPS question:
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:57:40 -0400

If the pulse needs to be "stretched", how is it going to capture the
rising edge. If the pulse has to be long, then there will be lots of
jitter in the time measurement.  It is best to have some kind of timer
input capture, but failing that a high-priority (perhaps even
non-maskable) edge interrupt on a GPIO pin that can store (and/or
"set-to-.000") whatever counter-timer resource is being used for
timing.

The Raspberry Pi seems to work well.

It might be better to miss pulses than to recognize them very late.