gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:47:49 -0700

address@hidden said:
> I have been distracted with many things for longer than I realized.  I'm
> catching up to the autoconf->scons change, and found several regressions
> when building on NetBSD 6 (it used to build find in the 2.96 days).

I have a NetBSD box, but I'm also way behind.

My current problem (on Linux) is that "scons check" barfs.

Consistency-checking driver methods...
./test_packet -c >/dev/null
./test_packet: error while loading shared libraries: libgpsd.so.22: cannot
scons: *** [packet-regress] Error 127

My reading is that it's trying to use the installed library (which isn't
there (yet)) rather than the one it just built which is the one that I want
to check before I install it.

I think there is a simple environment variable to tell it where to look.
This looks like it:
  http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
  3.3.1. LD_LIBRARY_PATH

These are my opinions.  I hate spam.