gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ncurses path issues on NetBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ncurses path issues on NetBSD
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 07:46:20 -0400

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:
>> So I made a symlink /usr/pkg/include/ncurses/ncurses => . so that the
>> above includes will resolve even without /usr/pkg/include in the search
>> path.
>
> Is that the workaround you recommend for build.txt?

No, or at least not yet.  It's the wrong fix, and I will try to figure
out if a better fix is feasible.

Separately, but avoiding this, there should be some way to pass -I/-L to
scons.

I did

CPPPATH="/usr/pkg/include" \
LIBPATH="/usr/pkg/lib" \
    scons prefix=/usr/pkg

following the scons docs, but it doesn't seem to add -I and -L -Wl,R
arguments.  That would avoid the issue (as in make the ncurses bug
latent again), as that should happen when using prereqs from pkgsrc