gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings on 32 bit Fedora 24

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Warnings on 32 bit Fedora 24
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:32:52 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:39:45 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't understand the left shift stuff.  I'm surprised you haven't
> seen it and fixed it.

The only 32 bit I have is the Gentoo RasPi.  gcc version 4.9.3.  Zero
warnings, zero errors.  I can't fix what I don't see.

> Fixing the indent warning is above my pay grade.

I can look at that.  Once again, I don't know how to see it.

> There is another mess in this area.  Why is scons rebuilding a lot of
> stuff when I install?

I never trust scons.  I hardly trust any build system.  So I pretty
much always rebuild from scratch unless I am debugging a single file.

> My work flow is to do a git pull on one machine then rsync the bits
> without the git overhead to various other systems.

You can setup a local git repo, then do a: git pull --depth=1.  That
works well.

> Am I being unreasonable when I expect scons install to not rebuild
> anything if I have already done a build and check?

scons is Python and I don't do Python, except in trivial cases.

Document a repeatable error and bug Eric.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588