gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Missing TPV when there is no fix

From: Piotr Figiel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Missing TPV when there is no fix
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 08:27:20 +0200

Hi Gary,

>>  on recent gpsd [1] I stumbled on an issue similar to one reported
>> already in the past [2] that TPV with mode = 1 (MODE_NO_FIX) is not
>> being sent by the gpsd when the fix is lost. Instead no TPV at all was
>> received by the clients by the time there was no fix. This affects use
>> case when it's expected to detect fix loss on libgps client.
> This is by design.  No data in to gpsd, then no data out.

The data does come in to gpsd, I attached log. You can see RMC with
invalid fix there (Status field = 'V'). Information about missing fix
is still information (valuable one in this use case). Actually the
existing code seems to attempt to register that but fails to report it
outside of gpsd.

I opened gpsd bug for this: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52055

I'm sorry this reply is out of thread, but you didn't reply to all and
I wasn't subscribed to gpsd-dev. Please consider adding sender to To
when replying on open mailing lists.

Best regards,
Piotr Figiel.