gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Minimum working example for libgps
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 14:00:12 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Yeah, you likely have systemd running.  Most people tell systemd to keep
> their hands off you gpsd/GPS.

Is there any documentation warning about that and/or describing how to fix it?

I remember reading stuff describing it as a feature and being annoyed that I
had to figure out how to disable it.

Your sample of "most people" may be biased.  If the only thing you ever use a
serial port (real or USB) for is GPS via gpsd, it might be a useful feature
as it avoids having to turn gpsd on and/or having to figure out which
parameters it needs.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.