gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 +

From: Gr Hudy
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 + ARM Cortex A-15
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 17:40:51 -0600

Cheers, Gary-

>Oh, I told you to make it 0, which is still 'defined'.  Try to #undef it.
Thought of that and tried it earlier. No joy.

>How did you do that?  You are not cross-compiling or anything wierd like that?
Nope. Standard native build ON the Tegra.

>Your plain 'gcc' HAS to be arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc, otherwise nothing you
>compile would run on your arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc CPU and libs.
You are correct. arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc is a soft link that... wait for it...
points to gcc-4.8. Ack! Pfffft!

So the fix was to update that link. For me, easy enough using
update-alternatives. Builds fine now.

I don't understand how SConstruct comes up with the compilers to use, and why
two different ones are selected even though ultimately they should actually
point to the same compiler. But I'm not curious enough to track it down. Got
work to do...

Thank you immensely for your help!!! Without your feedback I doubt I'd have had
the patience to figure it out.

-Gr