gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘RINEX 3

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘RINEX 3
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:38:21 -0800

AC12

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:36 AM Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <address@hidden> wrote:
Which one? I'm looking at my Z Reference Station. I needed an excuse to get it running again...
gc

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:19 PM Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> wrote:
Hmmmmmm. I should dust off my Thales/Ashtech.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:14 AM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo All!

I just pushed a new tool to git head: gpsrinex.

It reads from a live gpsd and outputs RINEX 3 obs files.

Grab a 6 hour RINEX 3 file, upload it to CSRS-PPP, wait a few more
hours, and get back your position with a cep(95%) of under 0.5 m.

So a lot of patience is required.

For now it only works on u-blox 8 that support the UBX-RXM-RAWX
message (NEO-M8T).  Plain vanilla u-blox (NEO-M8N) don't support
that message, or anything similar.

If anyone has a GPS that output pseudorange and carrierphase then I
can modify gpsd to use that too.

More details in the gpsrinex.c header.  Man page coming.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Gerry Creager