gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] New fix logic breaks control commands
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:41:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

I've been fiddling with ubxtool some, and noticed a problem.
Scenario:

Odd, works for me.

I suspect that the rework related to fixes is keeping messages from
getting through when there's no fix.

The recent work is for NMEA, but we are talking u-blox binary here.

Aside from control messages
that have nothing to do with fixes, the receiver sometimes sends NAV
messages even without a fix, and it doesn't make sense to hide them.

the recent changes are to send more JSON, not less.  Can you pinpoint
anything to change?

I can bisect if needed, but this is probably easily reproducible.

I can't reproduce...  Anything else needed to show your issue?

Not beyond what I originally posted. I thought the problem might be obvious, but I guess not. I'll have to investigate.

Fred Wright