gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate and the Zodiac Driver

From: Derrick Brashear
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate and the Zodiac Driver
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:37:20 -0500

> So you don't need him. You don't even need a perl script. Your test
> input is a file containing a bunch of
> EARTHA
> strings. Until you see "selecting Zodiac Binary", he's not going to be
> happy regardless.
>

> Given in order to get there you would have had to have seen an
> accepted packet first:
>        gpsd_report(LOG_RAW + 3, "Accepted packet on %s.\n",
>                    session->gpsdata.dev.path);
> which is gpsd_poll which is at the start of gpsd's event loop, but the
> gpsd:DATA: packet from /dev/cuad0 with {ONLINE|DEVICEID|PACKET|DRIVER}
> call is further down in that loop, something between that and the
> completion of that loop is the presumably the problem.

Kept poking but haven't gotten further yet. I did notice I failed: we
wouldn't see the Accepted packet because he logged at
4, not 7.

All that said, a simple actual raw capture should make it obvious and
make a real test possible, because otherwise the
next time the state machine changes this is going to happen again.

--
Derrick