gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem with gpsd blocking device while it doesn't send

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem with gpsd blocking device while it doesn't send NMEA messages
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 12:44:18 -0700

Yo Thomas!

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:07:49 +0200
"Thomas Engerer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If i now open a second terminal and point cat to the device, I also
> get the NMEA data (as described in descriptions). But as soon as I
> close picocom, no more data appears.

Not a gpsd problem if it happens before you use gpsd.

Also, I do not see how you can 'cat' from a device that is already opened
by your picocom.  The kernel should prevent that.

> I hope the description is clear, I will provide details as needed.

One big important detail: what GPS are you using?  Got a pointer to its
documentation?

Which gpsd are you using?  Did you build it yourself?  Does it hae the
GPS driver you need?

To eliminate some variables, what happens if you try just:
        gpsmon /dev/ttyAMA2

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588