gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Using "gpsctl -x" while gpsd is running

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Using "gpsctl -x" while gpsd is running
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:01:03 -0700

Yo Joshua!

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:44:58 -0400
"Joshua Quesenberry" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What if I need to change the type?

gpsd has already autodetermined the type, you can not change it.

> The configuration commands need to
> be UBX, however, the GPS is streaming NMEA.

The first do 'gpsctl -b' to first put the GPS in UBX binary mode.

> I tried your version and your version plus the u-blox type and both
> cause an error:
>
>       gpsctl:ERROR: device must be specified for low-level access.

Yeah, I just saw that, looking at a similar question about Adafruit HAT.
I have always just changed the C code, so I totally missed that problem.

You could send your changes before you start gpsd, but as in the
Adafruit case, when you start up gpsd it will just revert what you did.

I'll have to ponder a better general solution.  If you are up to some
small code changes I can help you do that.

To give me a broader view, what does  '\x06\x08\xC8\x00\x01\x00\x01\x00'
do for you?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588