gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] ntpshm_link_activate failing for pty source devices

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] ntpshm_link_activate failing for pty source devices
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:18:17 -0700

Yo David!

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 05:22:13 +0000
David Thornley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Digging through the code I noticed the following : -
>
> void ntpshm_link_activate(struct gps_device_t *session)
> /* set up ntpshm storage for a session */
> {
>     /* don't talk to NTP when we're running inside the test harness */
>     if (session->sourcetype == source_pty)
>       return;
>  .. snip ..
>

> I figured that this filter condition for source_type == source_pty is
> the culprit.
[...]
> Should I submit this patch to the group, or given how trivial it is,
> would the core dev's be able to evaluate it and supply a formal fix?

Please submit your ptach, but it is not going to be a trivial patch.

> I'm not sure if this will break the "test harness" as mentioned in
> the comments.

Just removing that check will break all gpsd regression testing.  Or
at least cause many problems on the server that the regression teting is
running on.

We'll need to add a flag or some automated check to separate the
gpsfake and other pty cases.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588