gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] parsing NMEA PASHR record

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] parsing NMEA PASHR record
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:34:57 -0800

Yo Roger!

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 10:31:11 +0000
> Roger Oberholtzer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Just an update on the PASHR parsing: we had no trouble doing the
> > PASHR parsing. That part is easy. The problem we have is that PASHR
> > records trigger a new report cycle.
>
> Yeah, I struggling with similar while coding the new ECEF support.
> Note two things going on: one is when a report is triggered
> (REPORT_IS), another when the current data is cleard (CLEAR_IS)

Oh, boy, did I stumble in it.  My simple change to 'fix' end of
cycle for u-block and ECEF seems to have broken other u-blox binary
samples in our regression tests.  Who woulda guessed the message
orders would be different.  :-(

Luckily Jason has been running the regression tests and showed me
my errors.

I guess I gotta work on cycle order problem for at least the u-blox.

Like usual, I'll try to find a cheap fix, so I can back to my
'interesting' problem.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588