gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Number of channels listed in GSV section of gpsmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Number of channels listed in GSV section of gpsmon
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:11:09 -0700

Yo Svenn!

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:00:07 +0200
Svenn Are Bjerkem <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am running gpsmon directly on the ttyUSB0 device to look at whatever
> comes my way from the GPS. I notice that there is only 12 channels
> listed in the GSV section of the curses gui. Can this number be
> increased somehow?

Nope.  Max 12 is embedded in the NMEA standard.  Newer versions may be
better.

> I have looked through the source code, but I am not able to find the
> part where I can play around with the number of channels.

gpsd reports what your GPS reports.  The fix is to get your GPS to
report all the satellites.  Usually you are better off putting your GPS
in native binary mode.

My u-blox NEO's repoprt 28 sats fine with gpsd.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588