gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 17:23:37 -0600

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:29:04 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Typo in build.txt:
> > extensio*n*
>
> Fixed.

Thank you.

> > (It might be nice to say something like, "ubxtool and zerk will not
> > be installed if pyserial is not present. If you don't care about
> > those two utilities, you may ignore pyserial.)
>
> I tweaked the text a bit.  Since most people now buy u-blox they
> probably do care about ubxtool.

Looks good.

> > Erm. "scons udev-uninstall" did not remove any gpsd executables from
> > /usr/local/bin
>
> I'm unfamiliar with that option. Seems to me that nothing udev related
> gets installed in /usr/local/bin.  What were you expecting?

Ah. I was expecting it to do a complete uninstall, including the udev
stuff. Maybe I should expect it to only remove the udev stuff, so to
get a complete uninstall, one should run both "scons uninstall" and
"scons udev-uninstall"?

I'm away from my development machine right now. I will check that
later.

> > Output:
> > address@hidden:~/versioned/gpsd$ scons check
>
> Looks like you ran 'scons check', not "scons udev-uninstall"?

You asked me to run "scons check", so I gave you the output from it.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but