gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Android tablet w/o GPS

From: Fred Hillhouse Jr
Subject: [gpsd-users] Android tablet w/o GPS
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 12:24:16 -0500

Greetings,

This may be inappropriate for this user group but I am hoping at least for some direction. I am not having much luck yet.

I have an ASUS tablet (Android 5) without a GPS. I would like to run a application that requires a GPS on it.
I have two methods to get NMEA data on my LAN. First I can share data using "Share GPS" on my Android phone and my second option is a home brew GPS/Wi-Fi device.

Does anyone know how to use network data on the tablet?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH