gpsd-users

Re: Using SNMP...

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Using SNMP...
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:28:13 +0000

On 30/01/2023 19:52, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Feedback appreciated.

RGDS
GARY

OK, Gary, and many thanks for your efforts on this.  Very comprehensive!

I have one difference between your method and mine of calculating average SNR, where you get a much smaller value. I calculate SNR based on the satellites which are used, whereas you seem to get a much smaller value possibly by averaging the SNR over the visible satellites.

I can see arguments for both cases, so might I request a new value "skySNRavgused" or something like that? So only computing the SNR over the satellites with the used flag set.

What do you or anyone else think?

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu