graveman-general

[Graveman-general] Autoscan thinks my hard drive is my cdrw

From: Ben Edwards (lists)
Subject: [Graveman-general] Autoscan thinks my hard drive is my cdrw
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:53:57 +0000

For some reason gravyman has got it into its head my cdrw is /dev/hda
(whitch is actualy my hard drive).  When the autoscan hapens I get:-

red:/home/ben/.graveman# graveman
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .
scsidev: 'ATAPI'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related libscg interface code is in pre alpha.
Warning: There may be fatal problems.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
[...]
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
[...]
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/hda'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .
red:/home/ben/.graveman#

Any ideas?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
If you have a problem sending me email use this link