Re: [Groff] Re: New html docs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: New html docs
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 00:21:35 GMT

> > system.  If I find some time, I will expand the Makefile to
> > create/install the groff info files (i.e., running `makeinfo' on
> > groff.texinfo).
>
> I was trying to figure out how to process this very file when your message
> arrived! Had it on the mc view screen in fact.

Three possibilities:

  1) If you have e.g. teTeX installed on your system, simply say

       texi2dvi groff.texinfo

     The DVI file can then be viewed e.g. with xdvi, or can be further
     converted to ps with

       dvips -o groff.ps groff.dvi

  2) Convert it to info files:

       makeinfo groff.texinfo

     Move the files groff, groff-1, etc. to your preferred info
     directory, e.g. /usr/local/info/ -- please don't ask me how to
     set up a private info directory :-)

     Finally move to the info dir and say

       install-info groff

     Now you can view the info file for groff with

       info groff

  3) Convert it to HTML:

       texi2html groff.texinfo

     As you can see, texinfo produces (currently) far better HTML
     results than groff...