[Groff] new grohtml: white space problem.

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: [Groff] new grohtml: white space problem.
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:00:20 -0500 (EST)

> .LP
> .URL Germany "ftp://groff.ffii.org/pub/groff/";
> |
> .URL USA "ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff/";
> .LP
> .URL License http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

> .URL "Groff for Windows" "http://www.cs.vu.nl/~tmgil/misc/wingroff.html";

Problem: the first "|" of each line is missing a leading white space space.

It is hard for me to notice this with Netscape, but obvious with Lynx.

I fear assistive devices may need both leading and trailing spaces around
the "|". I read something like that somewhere.

How to ensure the spaces get put there?

First, is Groff handling text surrounding .URLs consistently? No matter
where, or how many .URLs there are, for an output line?

Second, should we be required to include any buffering white space in the
.URL statements?, as in:

.LP
.URL "Germany " ...

.URL " USA" ...