RE: [Groff] groff_man.man revised -- Fast Reply

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: RE: [Groff] groff_man.man revised -- Fast Reply
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:09:16 GMT

> vgrind is for typographic preparation of source code examples.
> On SunOS 5.4 it is a csh script covered by the BSD License. :-))
>
> We might find it on FreeBSD.

I've found it on www.debian.org (BTW, one of the most excellent sites
I've ever seen in the web -- at least the German site I was pointed to
automatically).

This vgrind version is almost completely unusable.  For example, it is
not possible to embed code samples into, say, a man page since the
tmac.vgrind macro file redefines the layout in a brute manner.
Apparently, tmac.vgrind has been taken from another vgrind
implementation since some macros/variables are defined but not used.

So for the moment, I wont' support vgrind within groff.