[Groff] Copyleft symbol

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: [Groff] Copyleft symbol
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:01:23 +0200

>  U+24BC is definitely not the right symbol -- AFAIK, a copyleft
>  symbol has not yet been included into Unicode.

There isn't a single Unicode code for the copyleft symbol, but it can be
composed using U+2183 (ROMAN NUMERAL REVERSED ONE HUNDRED C) and U+20DD
(COMBINING ENCLOSING CIRCLE).

If a new glyph shall be designed it would be best to mirror the
copyright symbol U+00A9 vertically.

.ig
Note that the reversed C U+2183 mentioned above is mirrored, that's
what is needed.  There is also "turned C" character U+0186 (for
phonetical open O), a C rotated by 180 degrees.  Using this would imply
to rename "copyleft" into "copyturn".  Turning left is right ;-)
..

>  Maybe you want to write a proposal and submit it to the Unicode
>  consortium...

I think that's not my task, a GNU guy should do this :-)

Bernd Warken <address@hidden>