RE: [Groff] pic solid attribute

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] pic solid attribute
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 13:23:22 +0100 (BST)

On 22-Jul-00 Leonard Stiles wrote:
> Is it just me or does gpic not support the "solid" attribute?
> For example, this code produces an error (using groff 1.16):
>
> .PS
> circle solid
> .PE
>
> Eric Raymond's paper about gpic says something about solid not being
> supported yet, but it isn't mentioned in the TODO of groff 1.16 - has
> it just been forgotten?

Can we have some backgrouns on this? I.e. what is "solid" supposed
to do? The 1991 PIC User Manual (Kernighan, Bell docs #116) gives
"solid" as an attribute in its "Reference Manual" Appendix, but it
is not mentioned anywhere else.

Maybe there is more info in something like the DWB documentation
(which I don't have).

Meanwhile, the source code of groff pic indicates that (internally)
"solid" is used for "solid lines" (as opposed to dashed or dotted)
which is the default for lines anyway unless explcitily given the
"dashed" or "dotted" attribute.

However, lex.cc for groff pic does not have "solid" in its list of
keywords, so it would not be recognised.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 22-Jul-00                                       Time: 13:23:22