Re: [Groff] Re: groff: radical re-implementation

From: CHOI Junho
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff: radical re-implementation
Date: 18 Oct 2000 01:53:10 +0900

    FU> At Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:19:09 +0900,
    FU> Tomohiro KUBOTA <address@hidden> wrote:

    >  Though you may already know, please note that
    >   - Japanese and Chinese text contains few whitespace characters.
    >     (Japanese and Chinese words are not separated by whitespace).
    >     Therefore, different line-breaking algorithm should be used.
    >     (Hyphen character is not used when a word is broken into lines.)
    >     (Modern Korean language contains whitespace characters between
    >     words --- though not words, strictly speaking.)

    FU> As regards line breaking algorithm, I think we need some more cflags,
    FU> at least for Japanese.  That is,

[...]

    FU> For tty output device, UTF-8 and postprocessor may be possible, but
    FU> how about X, ps, or dvi?

It sounds to me that we should make the beast again :< How about
making a good roff -> html converter and call mozilla to do proper
conversion(X11, ps, text, etc...)? :) Just kidding. sorry.

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho                             <address@hidden> <address@hidden>