Re: [Groff] Strange gxditview behavior

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Strange gxditview behavior
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 23:30:47 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>What about
>
>  groff -stp -mm -Tps -X somefile.mm
>
>This gives linebreaks as in PS output.

Same results as   groff -stp -mm -X somefile   i.e. the output
gets trashed pretty badly. That makes sense, as -Tps is the
default. I guess I'll stick to ghostview for now.

>I'm also maintaining groff.texinfo (but currently have no time to
>improve it).

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

>> Is anyone trying to convert it to groff? (It seems a bit strange
>> that one would write a groff manual in texedit.)
>
>You mean texinfo, don't you?

What you said. It was late & I was in a hurry. :-P

>Well, *all* documentation for GNU programs should be in texinfo
>format (this was a religious decision, I think).

Hmmm. Call me an unwashed heathen, and leave it at that.
Troff I know, or can easily re-learn, and I'm a firm
believer in eating your own dog food.

>IIRC, someone has even written a texinfo to groff converter...

That would be texi2roff, no? Groff to texinfo would be good --
maintain the groff info in the format that it deserves, and
convert it to make the FSF happy. :-)

Thanks for the help!

        Larry